The Advent Shelter
Location: Advent Centre, Central London
We need your help! We’re opening the Advent Centre again as a winter shelter for homeless guests during the Christmas period.
Volunteers are needed for the following:
· General cleaning and setting up
· Cooking meals (Food Hygiene Certificate required)
· Health and wellbeing (nurses, doctors, opticians, dentists, massage therapists, first aiders)
· Clothes distribution (sorting, categorising and distributing)
· IT technicians (set-up and supervise Internet Cafe)
· Return to work (assistance with CV writing, job hunting and advice)
· Games/entertainment (supervise, socialise, hospitality)
· Sleepover (supervising, ensuring all is well throughout the night)
We’re using SignUp.com to organise the daily schedule for our volunteers which will allow you to manage your shifts and help us keep our volunteer-to-guest ratio at an appropriate figure.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our daily schedule on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/YD9n4S
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you DON’T need to register an account or use a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone.